COVID-19 support for patients under palliative care and their carers
Please call our new 24 hour support line if you need to talk to an experienced nurse about your care, or about caring for someone who may be nearing the end of their life.
The number to call is 0300 561 1970 (calls are charged at standard local rate)
The nurses – from Marie Curie and Lawrence Home Nursing – are available any time, day or night, to listen to your concerns and offer support with care at home. They will not have access to your medical records and will not be able to get you medication.
However, the nurse can help you by:
• Talking through your concerns about your illness and dying
• Listening to any worries about your care or caring for a loved one
• Giving advice on caring for someone at home
• Giving advice on managing your symptoms or those of a loved one
• Supporting you to ask for extra help if you are finding it difficult to cope at home
When you call please be ready to tell the nurse your NHS number and the name of your GP surgery.
You may still be receiving visits from health care professionals at home. They will talk through with you when they will visit and how to contact them. You may want to have their telephone numbers and opening hours handy if you need to call them.